Hello Warrior Band family,
Just when you thought that we were going to slow down...it's audition and playoff season! Here's the important details:
Rehearsal schedule at-a-glance
Tuesday - Orchestra rehearsal (Symphonic 3-5pm, Philharmonic 3-4:30pm)
Wednesday - Orchestra rehearsal (Symphonic 3-5pm, Philharmonic 3-4:30pm)
Thursday - MARCHING REHEARSAL - 3:15pm-no later than 5:00pm
All-City 9-12th Grade auditions - Monday November 9th
4:00pm - Student helpers will begin setting up rooms
4:30pm - Parent helper meeting in the band hall
4:45pm - Meeting ends, helpers go to rooms to begin checking in students
5:15pm - Auditions begin
For auditioning students:
- Don't wear clothing that identifies you as a Martin student.
- Anonymity is key!!! Once you check in, DO NOT TELL ANYONE YOUR LETTER.
- Be at your room at least 10 minutes before your group is scheduled to go in.
- Help out the parents by keeping the hallways quiet.
For parents who are helping out:
- Please wear your Martin polo
- If you have any questions or potential problems, please find Mr. McCann in the contest office (teacher lounge at the end of the hall, south of the band room).
Our first game is going to be vs. Midland at UTA Maverick Stadium. Schedule is here...
Friday - Wear black performance tee to school
4th period (A day) - Band class as usual
2:00pm - Concert classes end, get marching instruments and go to gym
2:45pm - Pep rally ends, go straight to field
3:00pm - Focus rehearsal begins
3:45pm - Focus rehearsal ends, TLC
5:15pm - Inspection
5:30pm - Depart MHS
6:00pm - Arrive at UTA Maverick Stadium
7:05pm - Alma Mater, Fight Song, National Anthem
7:35pm - Kickoff
~10:15pm - Game ends
11:00pm - Depart for MHS
11:20pm - Arrive at MHS, hang uniforms, unload truck, go home
-Any cold weather gear must be in Martin colors (black, white, grey, red)
-After looking at the playoff bracket, our next opponent would be either Amarillo HS (we played them last year in Wichita Falls) or El Paso Montwood (playing in Midland, possibly...).
- Don't forget...if you are not going to be here for the potential post-Thanksgiving playoff game, we need to know ASAP so we can plan accordingly.
That's all for now. Don't forget to sell your Mac's At Martin tickets and keep looking for donations to the silent auction!!